Download the StudyStartWeek app (handheld programme information and need to know information for your study + meet with your fellow study-starters):
The Introduction Week for all new students starting September 2018 takes place from Monday 27th of August until Friday the 31st of August 2018. During the StudyStartWeek you will get to know your fellow students, the Tourism Management Staff, NHL Stenden, our educational system and the city of Leeuwarden. We advise you to participate in the StudyStartWeek.
Click here for the StudyStartWeek programme.
The costs for the StudyStartWeek package and programme are € 75,- per person. This includes all activities, SSW T-Shirt, 3x lunch package, 2x BBQ, entrance to parties, SSW reader and a PBL kit. Costs for transportation, drinks and other expenses are excluded. To participate in the StudyStartWeek, you have to pre-register. Registration and payment (by credit card) can be done via this link: https://webshop.stenden.com/en-US/Home/ProductSelect
When registering, choose International Tourism Management, location Leeuwarden and StudyStartWeek Tourism Management.
Should online payment not work, then this will be arranged during the registration on the 27th of August.
If you are unable to join the StudyStartWeek, you have to announce this before the 23rd of August by sending an e-mail to secretariaat.LT@stenden.com. If you can’t join some time during the week, due to force majeure such as illness or personal circumstances (holiday/work/relocation issues are excluded), you need to report this before 08:30 am at the Frontdesk of Tourism Management via the phone number: +31 (0)58 2441363.
Good to bring
- Bag/backpack for putting in all received information/PBL kits/lunch packages
- International students should know their payment details (BIC and IBAN) and student number for filling in the payment form (it is NOT possible to pay cash)
- Clothes that might become wet and dirty (for the adventure day)
- Comfortable shoes and clothes for all days (when walking through the city, etc.)
- Check the weather forecast for each day – be prepared for changes (rain, wind, sun)
- Drinks and snacks for in-between
- Traditional clothes that you can wear at the party on Thursday
- Good mood and motivation for a week full of fun and exciting activities!!
Your first module will start on Monday, 3 September 2018.
Tourism Management offers you the chance of having a buddy, to receive some support in the beginning of your study. A student (buddy) of the second or third year assists you during your first module at NHL Stenden in terms of helping you out to get familiar with Tourism Management and more. Interested? More info and the possibility to register can be found here.